I couldn’t think of a better way to mark my blog’s one year anniversary than being nominated for a blogger award! A huge thank you to the lovely Beauty + Jess for my Liebster Award nomination, you truly made my day.
So what’s it all about, i hear you ask?
Let me fill you in. The Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming newbies on the blogging block, with small followings (and big dreams) to help bring their blogs more exposure and encourage nominees to connect with the wonderful blogger community (you guys are awesome).
To claim your award, there are 6 simple steps to follow:
- Link back to the lovely blogger that nominated you (thanks again Beauty + Jess)
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 blogs/bloggers who have 1000 followers or less
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Last but not least, notify your nominees of the exciting news so they can join the fun
Okay, here goes…
11 fun facts about moi
- I met David Beckham and Justin Timberlake in my teens (on separate occasions by the way… that would’ve been a good day)
- My first full-time job after university was a marketing internship at L’Oréal
- Pizza is my favourite food. Mamma Mia!
- I’m a sucker for 90s R&B music
- I order vanilla soya lattes at Starbucks (& toffee nut lattes at Christmas)
- I speak Spanish and a little bit of Dutch (i’m actually British, so my English isn’t too bad either)
- I met my gorgeous Dutch boyfriend while studying Spanish in Valencia, which explains fun fact No.6 (… who says holiday romances don’t work out?!)
- My favourite travel destination is Cuba (check out my Cuba post to find out why)
- I used to have waves of very bad acne, which is probably why i’m so obsessed with skincare regimes
- Bobbi Brown is one of my favourite beauty brands (as you’ve probably gathered from my beauty posts)
- My beauty inspiration is my mum. She’s 50-something and looks amazing!
My 11 answers
Why did you decide to start blogging? Above everything else, i simply love writing. Having to write my 12,000 word thesis in my final year at university was like a dream (geek!) My big sis has always encouraged me to keep it up too, she’s such a great source of motivation for me. Blogging is something i’ve always wanted to do and to be completely honest, i spent way too much time procrastinating. I think i sum it up pretty well in my bio:
“When I think about it, as someone who’s quite unassuming, I’ve managed to keep so many wonderful experiences quite close to my chest. Too close, actually. Beautiful places, gorgeous moments, endless beauty advice and glimpses of inspiration – all floating freely and somewhat nostalgically in my mind…”
If you could get one, JUST ONE, product for free right at this moment, what would it be? A new la mer moisturising soft cream would be handy! (Have a read of my la night mer post to find out why… *sigh*)
What is your first memory of makeup? Sneaking into my mum’s make up bag and trying her Guerlain Terracotta bronzing powder for the first time and feeling like i had instantly transformed into a bronze goddess (sorry mum!)
What are your hopes for yourself in the next 5 years? To be happy and successful doing something i truly love… and for my blog to have millions of loyal #bibbykissers of course ;)
What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Mint choc chip, all day long
What is your “go-to” makeup look? A natural, dewy glow which can be achieved with Garnier BB cream, L’Oréal infallible eye liner in chocolate addict and a dab of Bobbi Brown pot rouge in calypso coral on the cheeks & lips… et voilà
Contour or highlight? Highlight, right?! I love the youthful, dewy look it creates. Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Eclat is still one of my all time faves
What is your all time favourite movie? This is a tough one as there are so many classic films to choose from and i’m a real moviegoer… but i’m going to follow my heart and go with what feels right: Dumb & Dumber. Yep, hands down the greatest film of all time. (Here’s a bonus ‘fun fact’ about me: i can quote the movie from start to finish, word for word, accents and all)
If you could have your own makeup brand, what would it be called? Why, bibby kiss of course! (Love this question)
What did you want to be when you were a kid? A weather girl. Seriously. I was fascinated with geography, thunderstorms, clouds… and the prospect of talking about them every night to a national television audience!
What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list? To venture on a once in a lifetime round-the-world trip and write all about it
My 11 nominees
11 questions for my newbie nominees
- How did you choose your blog name?
- What’s your favourite travel destination?
- What beauty product or fashion item could you simply not live without?
- Who is your inspiration?
- How would you describe your blog in 3 words?
- What makes you smile in the morning?
- Which hollywood star would play you in a film about your life?
- If you could live in any city in the world, which one would it be?
- City break or beach getaway?
- What’s your best blogging tip?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
So that’s it – i’m now an official Liebster Award winner! I hope you had as much fun reading this post as i did writing it :)